Thursday, February 18, 2010

Grease Lightning!

So I know that the title of this blog is completely dedicated to the musical Grease, which does have a part in this. But is also is partially talking about the federal government getting back into the gears of a normal workday. Almost two weeks after the first snowflakes, things are still not back to what they were. The metro is so over-packed that you're lucky if you get on the first train, and even more lucky if the train doesn't break down. I was not so lucky this morning, but that's life for you.
The Archives also needs some "Grease" to get back on track. I spent most of Tuesday (since Monday was President's Day) rescheduling appointments and presentations, while at the same time preparing for the VIP group coming at the end of the week. There was one group of teachers in for professional development that made it in. It was the first time that I was able to get into the Learning Lab with actual people! Even though it was a modified lab, it was such a great experience; I am looking forward to tomorrow's lab when we have actual students!!

Wednesday was a night out on the town for the LCWS students. We went to Grease on Broadway at the National Theater. It was awesome! The cast was full of American Idol alumni, including Ace Young and Taylor Hicks. I have a few pictures from the play below. I have been aGrease fan since I was young, so it was great being able to sing along to the songs. Taylor even did an encore solo presentation! I will say that I was a bit tired this morning going into work, but it was totally worth it.

Tomorrow is the big day- the Duke group is coming, and we will finally get to see if all of our planning was worth it. It's also my shot to prove myself as a contributing staff member; I hope all goes well! Wish me luck!


Encore concert by Taylor Hicks
Taylor Hicks as Teen Angel- He cam out of an ice cream cone!
Everyone is so into their programs!

Summer Nights


Grease Lightning!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment