Wednesday, March 24, 2010

War Time Research



The Cherry Blossoms are on their way ! On my way to work this past Monday, I saw a few blossoms peeking out. By this afternoon, though, many of the buds were out in full glory, along with many of the trees! The National Parks Service says that the peak of the blooming should be on Easter weekend, which is perfect because that's when I have vacation!

So far work this week has been fairly quiet. I have caught a nasty cold this past week, so a calmer schedule was perfect. Monday I spent most of my time preparing a file on Cold War documents for Dave to use in a bunch of upcoming video conferences. Before I started this project, I only knew the basics of this time period, but I have a much better handle on it after a few hours doing research.

Tues I was out at Archives II, also doing research, but on a different war. I was given a mission to look up information pertaining to the Lost Battallion of the 107th and 108th Infantries from World War I. I spent the afternoon going through four boxes of papers, I ended up with way more information than I needed, which was a good problem to have. Just like my time doing research on Monday, I am into this project knowing the basics of the battle and ended up not only finding what I was looking for, but actually learned a lot. I think I can finally say that I know how to do research at the Archives, which is actually a long process!

I also snapped some pictures of WWI research going on at Archives II for my scrapbook. Check it out!

This morning our field trip was to Eastern Market, to look at different styles of Row Houses behind Capitol Hill. They range from the late 18th century to the early 20th century, and are designed in a variety of styles. I have added some pictures from this historic neighborhood to this blog for you to check out- enjoy!


Historic Neighborhood

No comments:

Post a Comment