Friday, March 12, 2010

Tour Guide


Now that we are getting into tourist season in Washington DC, there is a large increase in the amount of people coming to the National Archives. I am partly to blame for this, as my boyfriend Ryan came to visit me for the week. We tried cramming in as many sites as possible, and I think we did a pretty good job of getting around. The first day he was here we visited the Air and Space Musuem, Library of Congress, the Capitol, and the Botanical Gardens. Ryan was like a 10 year old in a candy store looking at all the machinery in the Air and Space museum, which I have no clue about, but he did teach me some good information on it. We also found an old Irish pub that afternoon and ate lunch there in honor of St. Patrick's Day!

The next day we went back to the Botanical Gardens (yes there are that awesome to go back twice!), along with the National Gallery of Art and National Archives. I gave my huge spiel at the Archives, which I'm not sure if he got or not, but that's ok. The National Gallery of Art was our favorite place of the day, as we didn't even plan on going there, but ended up spending over 5 hours in just one of the buildings! Thank you for the tip Carolina! I think Ryan is quickly becoming an art historian though, as he spent some of his time wandering around the building with guide book in hand. :) Of course, a great way to end the night was some cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory!

The last day he was here we went to a bunch of the monuments (Lincoln, Washington, Vietnam, Korean, World War II) . It was absolutely wonderful out, which was perfect because we walked at least 4 miles around DC. After the big monument loop, we went back to the National Gallery of Art, and then off to the White House and Chinatown!

Just as soon as Ryan came though, he had to leave. No worries though, it was all smiles while he was here, and my family will be here in just three weeks and in time for the Cherry Blossom Festival!










No comments:

Post a Comment